GenUs BioSystems standard gene expression service includes all materials, processing, quality control, and reporting - including follow-up analysis for a single price. Specialists in small, difficult sample handling we regularly handle sample sizes down to 10 cells (Total RNA yield ~ 100 picograms) utilizing state of the art single and double amplification protocols.
Magnaporthe & Rice Gene Expression Array - Agilent Platform
Simultaneous profiling of pathogen and host
The fungus Magnaporthe grisea is the cause of rice blast disease. The Magnaporthe microarray allows gene expression profiling in both pathogen and host (rice) simultaneously by covering the entire genome.
- 15,170+ M. grisea and 6,325 rice probes represented
- Content sourced from RefSeq, GenBank and the Fungal Genomics Laboratory (North Carolina State University) database
- Annotations for pathogen from the Whitehead Institute (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Annotations for host from the University of Arizona's Plant Genomics Institute
- 4 x 44K slide format printed using Agilent's 60-mer SurePrint technology
- Total RNA Requirements Utilizing GenUs BioSystems:
- Standard Service: > 300 nanograms Total RNA yield
- Special Single Amp Service: > ~20 nanograms Total RNA yield
- Special Double Amp Service > ~100 picograms Total RNA yield
GenUs regularly delivers dynamic range showing greater than 100,000 fold change and >5 logs. This is significanlty higher than the average 1,000 fold change and 3 logs of data provided by most labs and platforms.
Back to Microarray Processing Overview and Species Listing
Back to Services Overview